Great Florida Bird Trail - Clearwater, Florida
Over 500 species of birdshave been spotted in Florida - we're a birdwatcher's paradise. This Fowl Trail is actually the Great Florida Bird Trail and information is provided by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
The Great Florida Bird Trail is made up of 2000 miles of self-guided highway trails throughout Florida. There are 445 birding sites located throughout Florida.
These trails were designed to conserve and promote "Florida's bird habitat by promoting birdwatching activities, conservation education and economic opportunity" (Source: GFBT Home page)
The Great Florida Bird trail is divided into 4 Sections and each one has it's own birding trail guide. Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties birding sites and trails in cities like Clearwater, Dunedin, Tierra Verde, St Petersburg and Tampa can be found in the West Section Guide.
- West Section Guide
- East Section Guide
- Panhandle Section Guide
- South Section Guide
The information for the Great Florida Birding Trail is also available in Spanish.
Fun things to do in Clearwater, Florida and Tampa Bay
In addition, you can have fun while you learn by participating in the Wings Over Florida program.
Wings Over Florida is a FREE award program open to all birdwatchers - whether you're a Clearwater resident or not. This program encourages YOU to identify as many Florida native birds as you can. You may earn 1 or all 5 of the levels of birdwatching from "Beginner" to "Elite Florida Birder" for which you are awarded Full color certificates. COST - FREE!
Beginners Birding for Kids - Pinellas County, Florida Summer Fun
Check out the the Wings Over Florida Junior Birder Program. This program was created to introduce younger children (3rd grade and up) to Florida bird watching. Check out the Teacher / Student resources online and create your own unique bird scavenger hunt this summer.
Did you know that Florida has:
- over 481 native birds;
- 12 established non-natives;
- and 4 native birds that are on the extinction list.
The Great Florida Bird Trail website has lots of tips and techniques for the beginner to the most experienced bird watcher. They provide checklist, bird guides, which sites you can expect to see which birds. Hope this provides you with some new ideas of things to do in the Clearwater / St Petersburg / Tampa Bay area.
Have you ever tried birdwatching? What's your favorite spot or story?
Other Fun on a Budget Things to do in Clearwater / St Petersburg / Tampa Bay Florida Area:
- Experience Baseball with a Bite , Clearwater Florida
- $1 Buys you a Boat Dock in St Petersburg, Florida Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Boat Friendly Waterfront Restaurants-Part I: Clearwater Beach & Island Estates, Clearwater Beach, Florida
- Is your Home safe? - Man Eating Plant seen in St Petersburg!, Florida
- St Pete Beach Celebrates Silver Anniversary - Home of the Seaside Grill St Pete Beach, Florida
- Visual Tour of Clearwater Main Library ~ Home to 1000s of Books & Resources Clearwater, Florida
- Largo, FL ~ 1st Annual Largo Central Park Artist Market ~ Enjoy Fun in the Sun Largo,Florida
- Downtown Largo home to a new Caffeine Fix ~ of the Finest Kind! Largo, Florida
- Clearwater Beach - Somethings Always Happening There Clearwater Beach, Florida
- St. Petersburg Exhibitionists Bare All for FREE St Petersburg, Florida
Thinking of buying or selling Clearwater Florida Real Estate? Remember, in these changing times having a real estate agent (or 2 in our case) working for you is a real asset! We make sure our condo, town home, villa and home buyers in Tampa Bay get great deals. We'd love to talk to you about how we can help you find the perfect property - home, town home, villa or condo at the perfect price.
Tampa Bay MLS Serach shows all the homes, town homes, villas and condos for sale by all real estate agents in the Tampa Bay area. With us there's never any pressure - just consulting, educating, working to be your real estate consultant for life. Want proof - read our client testimonials to see what they have to say. Cyndee & Jack Haydon - specializing in Sandbars to Sunsets
Relocations ~ Waterfront Homes, Townhomes Condos & Villas ~ Beach House of Your Dreams ~Oceanfront ~ Gulfviews ~ Find the Perfect Florida Lifestyle in Pinellas County
Courtesy of Sandbars to Sunsets, all information and photos are the property of Cyndee & Jack Haydon,Realtors copyright 2007.