Hello Friends, Can you imagine my delight when I saw the talented Sarah Cooper made time to read one of my articles and then bestowed me with a gold star....and a challenge (smile) that led me here to MEME - tell 5 factoids about ME to the world.
So here goes.....
1) My husband, Jack and I have been married almost 21 years and we met 23 years ago working together in Development/Information Systems at IBM in Lexington, Kentucky. On our first date, I invited him to play tennis on IBM's clay courts after work. It was funny because he forgot his tennis shoes and I didn't know he was a ranked player in the state of Kentucky and I wasn't very good at tennis but back then I looked cute in the tennis clothes (22 was a cute age!) We laughed like crazy and played anyway and began a friendship that resulted in my marrying my best friend and sole-mate...and we're still crazy and laugh lots after all these years!
2) I am a Native Floridian - which they tell me is rare. I was born in Miami when my parent's were finishing college at the University of Miami. My Father is Guatemalan and my mother grew up in Peru and Guatemala - they met in high-school, eloped and put each other through college. They are still married today.
3) I am a quirky combo of Creative/Artist and Problem Solver/CIS degree - as I mentioned above, I worked for IBM and I am a graduate of the University of Florida (Go Gators) with a Computer Science/Business degree and had my full-time job with IBM 18 months before I graduate. I was in Sales & Business Consultanting for about 10 years before taking some time off to have kids - that was when I discovered my passion for painting - including painting on everything that doesn't move and Faux Finishing, both of which I am now certified in and also taught for about 5 years - I love sharing my talents with others - the side benefit was making some great friends and getting to see several women turn their hobby into a business. Want to see some of my creations..............Here's a picturetrail album of some of the things I've done - Check out the Painted Tropical Murals Album (left column towards bottom)- we can be a little crazy here on the Florida Beaches. Here's what I call it my Functional Art ! Today I tend to just paint for special friends or a special occasion. My favorite thing to paint is Glass Wine Glasses - I think it's because I love red wine!!!! However, with all this blogging I think I found a new passion and may have to stick with just drinking wine while I blog!
4) Today I still use my art talents to help local schools, create Art Projects for their auctions that parents or grandparents will pay big bucks for (smile) - I just started using Jeff's awesome Real Estate Shows and was helping a local school and put together this Idea Show to help inspire them If you have 60 seconds please watch - you won't believe the kids work...Turn on Speakers and click:*** Past Kids and Auction Projects *****
5) I have 4 grandkids -What????? It's a trick answer - Jack was a single parent when we got married and he had 2 children, Craig & Lauri. Lauri has 4 children and the youngest 2 are the same age as ours - Jack and I have 2 Boys - Alex is 10 and Sean who's 5. The interesting fact about them is that Jack began homeschooling them this year and he is doing an amazing job. More on that some other time.
Well that was probably more than you wanted to know about me. I know I too am having fun learning more about the people behind the faces.
So now I would like you to hear from Leah Ross, so you can learn about some of the things I love about her and for people I'd like to know more about I tag Amy Albright and who I recently met at a technology conference and Yvonne Brown, who is a newer blogger like me and I'd love to know more about her.
Thanks for allowing me have this "It's all about ME! ME!" time......... Tee! Hee! Hee! Here are a few bonus pics. There's a story about the dog - Daisy! for another time!
FREE HOME & CONDO NEIGHBORHOOD RESOURCE & INFO
Email us to request any of our FREE Clearwater Area Home Buyer Guides:
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Home;
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Beach Home;
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Waterfront Home;
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Golf Community Home;
- FREE Guide: I want to buy a Clearwater Deep Water / Boating Home;
- FREE Guide: I want to buy a Clearwater Vacation Home;
- FREE Guide: I want to buy a Clearwater Beachfront Home;
Email us to request any of our FREE Clearwater Area Condo Buyer Guides:
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Condo;
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Beach Condo;
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Waterfront Condo;
- FREE Guide: I want to Buy a Clearwater Golf Community Condo;
- FREE Guide: I want to buy a Clearwater Deep Water / Boating Condo;
- FREE Guide: I want to buy a Clearwater Vacation Condo;
- FREE Guide: I want to buy a Clearwater Beachfront Condo;
Home, Condo, Villa, Townhome ~ Clearwater Property ~ Prime Real Estate ~ Easy Clearwater Relocation!
Submitted by Cyndee Haydon, Clearwater Florida Real Estate Agent